3rd Line IT Engineer
Preston | Job ID: 2110 | Up to £30,000 per year
We have an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line IT Engineer to join our team.
Location: Preston (PR4 0HF)
Salary: Up to £30,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Friday) & on-call rota
3rd Line IT Engineer – The Role:
The 3rd Line IT Engineer will be joining an existing resolution team supporting a national customer base and internal IT infrastructure.
Duties include resolving escalated tickets, undertaking routine proactive work, and assisting on project work where required. Some field work may be required providing a great opportunity to meet the customers in a heavily customer focussed industry.
Office based at our Head Office in Preston, although temporarily working from home due to the Covid pandemic.
3rd Line IT Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
- Manage 3rd line tickets through to escalation or resolution.
- Proactive maintenance through monitoring, patch management and administration of customer and internal IT estate.
- Backup and restore management.
- Antivirus monitoring, management, and support.
- Provide progress updates to end customers including clients, internal staff, and managers.
- Support, educate and coach 1st / 2nd line Service Desk Engineers.
- IT Project delivery support.
- IT Field engineer support.
- Occasionally attend customer sites to undertake engineering works.
- Provide relevant communication to customers and/or internally.
- Prepare/update documentation, diagrams, and process for the benefit of the team and Service Desk.
3rd Line IT Engineer – You:
- Excellent IT technical trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service engagement.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Self-motivated, independent, and resourceful.
- Time and task management.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Team worker.
- Clear communication on multiple channels.
- Application of Standards and Procedures.
3rd Line IT Engineer– Knowledge:
- Windows Desktop suite.
- Windows Server stack – 2012 R2+.
- Active Directory and associated technologies.
- Basic LAN principles – IPv4.
- Office 365 platform administration.
- Veeam, AWS, Cloud Backup technologies.
- Antivirus software (ESET desirable).
- Base level Microsoft SQL Server.
- WSUS / SMCC (desirable).
- Azure AD (desirable).
- Using MS Visio (desirable).
3rd Line IT Engineer– Skills and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in a help desk environment.
- 3 years’ experience in an IT support discipline.
- Ticket system/management experience.
- Microsoft certification.
The comprehensive package of benefits we offer includes:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free home internet
- Spacious canteen area including healthy free snacks, drinks, and coffee machine
- Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days
To submit your CV for this exciting 3rd Line IT Engineer opportunity, please email HR@infinium.co.uk.