3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer
Preston | Job ID: 2102 | Competitive Salary (based on experience) per year
We have an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer to join our team.
Location: Preston, PR4 0HF
Salary: Competitive Salary subject to experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer – The Role:
The ideal candidate for the role will have existing wireless experience, with a keen interest in problem solving and providing solutions.
The 3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer will be responsible for resolving escalated support calls from the Service Desk, liaising and supporting the field/technical engineers and communicating with clients.
The role is office based.
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
- Working with the support team and senior network engineers in complex fault finding and resolving issues across our deployed networks
- Configuring equipment
- Reacting to alerts from the Network Monitoring System
- Management of Wi-Fi spectrum
- Working and communicating with on-site engineers
- Testing and certifying new equipment
- Updating documentation and mentoring service desk engineers
- Management of outdoor wireless equipment
- Occasional site visits
- Any such duties that may be required.
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer – You:
- Understanding of wireless controllers, switches, access points, routers (Cambium, Cisco and Routerboard & Ubiquiti)
- A good understanding of OSI Model
- A good understanding of wired and wireless network architecture, specifically Wi-Fi technologies and associated configuration & installation requirements
- An expert in wired and wireless products and technologies and their respective applications
- Solutions oriented with good problem solving skills
- Hands on approach with ability to work towards strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment and be able to prioritise own schedules & demonstrate time management skills
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer– Skills and Experience:
- Existing experience in a helpdesk environment
- 2nd/3rd Line Support experience
- Experience with point to multi-point networks
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Relevant Vendor Qualifications (Cisco, Cambium etc).
To submit your CV for this exciting 3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer opportunity, please email HR@infinium.co.uk.