Application Close Date: 22nd Jun 2022 (30 days remaining)
Preston | Job ID: 2116 | £30,000 + benefits per year
Location: Preston, PR40HF
Salary: £30,000 plus company benefits
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
Founded in 2002, Infinium are an experienced team of IT & Wi-Fi specialists supporting Holiday Parks across the UK, following a truly exciting period of growth we are looking for enthusiastic and talented 3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer to join our team.
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer – The Role:
The 3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer will be responsible for resolving escalated support calls from the Wi-Fi Service Desk, liaising with field/technical engineers, and communicating with clients. The ideal candidate will have existing wireless experience with excellent communication skills and be able to work well as part of the support team.
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
– Working with the support team and senior network engineers in complex fault finding and resolving issues across our deployed networks
– Configuring equipment
– Reacting to alerts from the Network Monitoring System
– Management of Wi-Fi spectrum
– Working and communicating with on-site engineers
– Testing and certifying new equipment
– Updating documentation and mentoring service desk engineers
– Management of outdoor wireless equipment
– Occasional site visits
– Cover out of hours on call when required, to remote fix urgent WIFI and Network connection issues
– Any such duties that may be required
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer – Key Requirements:
– Understanding of wireless controllers, switches, access points, routers from vendors such as Cambium, Cisco MikroTik and Ubiquiti.
– A good understanding of OSI Model
– A good understanding of wired and wireless network architecture, specifically Wi-Fi technologies and associated configuration & installation requirements
– An expert in wired and wireless products and technologies and their respective applications
– Solutions oriented with good problem solving skills
– Hands on approach with ability to work towards strict deadlines
– Ability to work in a team environment and be able to prioritise own schedules & demonstrate time management skills
3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer – Key Skills:
– Existing experience in a helpdesk environment
– 2nd/3rd Line Support experience
– Experience with multiple point to point networks
– Full UK Driving Licence
– Relevant Vendor Qualifications Cisco, Cambium, Mikrotik
The comprehensive package of benefits we offer includes:
– Competitive salary based on skills and experience
– 28 days holiday per year inc bank holidays (increasing with service) Free home internet
– Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days
– Wellbeing package including discounted gym, support towards optical and dental treatment and others.
– Spacious canteen area including healthy free snacks, drinks, and coffee machine
To submit your CV for this exciting 3rd Line Wi-Fi Engineer opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sam on 07983 136 786 for further information.