IT Field Engineer
UK | Job ID: 2106 | Up to £30,000 per year
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Field Engineer to join our team.
Location: South West
Salary: Up to £30,000 (dependent on experience), plus on-call allowance Company van, tools, laptop and mobile phone supplied. Company fuel card and credit card also provided.
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Friday) plus on-call
IT Field Engineer – The Role:
We are looking for a motivated and experienced IT Field Engineer to join our team. This role will report to a Project Manager.
Our IT Field Engineers undertake onsite support and installation work across our hospitality industry client base.
They are the face and brand ambassadors for the business so the ideal candidate will be great with customers, have a technical skill set and a ‘can do’ approach.
Predominately an onsite field-based role often requiring overnight stays, with occasional desk-based working from home.
IT Field Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
- Onsite engineering work in both IT and WiFi disciplines including installation, configuration, support and troubleshooting
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service and engagement
- Provide progress updates and recommendations to customers and the wider Infinium team
- Updating records, time entries and documentation to aide support in a timely manner
- Assist in the support and management of internal IT systems
- Assist with remote support task for customer and internal systems
- Inclusion in weekend On Call Rota
IT Field Engineer – You:
- Good problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Pride in their workmanship
- Have an ethos of continuous improvement, with a willingness to learn
- Hands on manual skills
- Understanding of Health & Safety processes
IT Field Engineer – Systems Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of Windows Desktop and Microsoft 365 suites
- Sound knowledge and understanding of basic networking technologies and principles including WAN, LAN, IPv4, WiFi, switches, firewalls and routers.
- General Infrastructure Support knowledge including windows backups (Disaster Recovery), anti-virus products, event & alert management systems
- MS Windows Server Operating Systems and roles inclusive of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NPS, DFS, File and Print, Remote Desktop Services
- Awareness of typical business applications e.g. Ticket management systems, MS Office, Office 365, EPOS, Access Control
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Management (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of Windows PowerShell (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of Backup and Recovery applications(desirable)
IT Field Engineer– Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT and or field-based role
- Full UK Driving Licence
The comprehensive package of benefits we offer includes:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (accrue additional leave after 3 years’ service)
- Free home internet
- Spacious canteen area including healthy free snacks, drinks, and coffee machine
- Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days
To submit your CV for this exciting IT Field Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.