IT Field Engineer
Exeter | Job ID: 2115 | £28,500 + benefits per year
Location: Exeter, EX1 (or a reasonable location to cover the South West)
Salary: £28,500 plus on call bonus and access to company benefits
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
Founded in 2002, Infinium are an experienced team of IT & Wi-Fi specialists providing support across the UK. Due to a truly exciting period of growth and we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced IT Field Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate for the IT Field Engineer role will be customer focused, a team player and have a ‘Can Do’ attitude. The role will involve attending client’s sites and undertaking project, maintenance and emergency tasks to meet our client’s expectations. The role will involve travel and overnight stays so a clean driving licence and the ability to work away from home at times is essential.
As the IT Field Engineer you will:
- Be a proactive IT expert, owning and managing all escalated tickets through to successful resolution
- Attend customer sites and undertake scheduled project work, maintenance tasks or emergency work
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer services and engagement
- Strive to deliver and take pride in your workmanship
- Provide progress updates to customers, the wider team and Head Office
- Assist in the support and management of internal IT systems
- Take part in the weekend On Call Rota
- Any such other duties that may be required.
Requirement for the role of IT Field Engineer:
- Ability to deliver great customer service and understanding of Health & Safety processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT support knowledge at escalation level inclusive of Windows Server Operating systems, storage, virtualisation with MS Office Suites including O365 and business computer applications.
- Knowledge of networking – inclusive of WAN/LAN and Wi-Fi technologies
- Sound knowledge of Windows Desktop and Microsoft 365 suites
- Sound knowledge and understanding of basic Networking technologies and principles inc Switches, Firewalls and Routers.
- General Infrastructure Support including windows backups (Disaster Recovery), anti-virus products, event & alert management systems
- MS Windows Server Operating Systems and roles inclusive of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NPS, File and Print, Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Management advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of Windows PowerShell advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of Veeam Backup and Recovery advantageous
- Business Applications – Ticket management systems, MS Office inc Skype, O365 and awareness of EPOS
Experience and/or Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT environment
- Experience of working in an MSP
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Eager to learn and develop
The comprehensive package and benefits offered at Infinium includes:
- Competitive salary and Oncall bonus
- Competitive holiday package – additional leave accrued after 3 years’ service
- Company van, mobile phone, laptop and tooling all provided.
- Company fuel card and credit card provided, including meals and accommodation when working away.
- Extensive training and development opportunities with internal progression available.
- Free home internet
- Wellbeing package including discounted gym, support towards optical and dental treatment and others.
- Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days
To submit your CV for this exciting IT Field Engineer opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Sam on 07983 136 786 for further information.