IT Support Engineer (3rd Line)
Preston | Job ID: 2118 | £30,000 + benefits per year
Location: Preston, PR40HF
Salary: £30,000 plus oncall bonus and company benefits
Hours: 40 hours
Infinium are an experienced team of IT & Wi-Fi specialists supporting connectivity within the leisure industry across the UK. We are currently seeking a 3rd Line IT Engineer, to join our existing resolution team. You will support a national customer base and internal IT infrastructure, resolving escalated tickets, undertaking routine proactive work, and assisting on project work where required. Some field work may be required providing the successful applicant with a great opportunity to meet the clients and customers on a face-to-face basis and build relationships a heavily customer focussed industry.
As 3rd Line IT Engineer your duties will include:
- Manage 3rd line tickets through to escalation or resolution
- Proactive maintenance through monitoring, patch management and administration of customer and internal IT estate
- Backup and restore management
- Antivirus monitoring, management and support
- Provide progress updates to end customers inc clients, internal staff and managers
- Support, educate and coach 1st / 2nd line Service Desk Engineers
- IT Project delivery support
- IT Field engineer support
- Occasionally attend customer sites to undertake engineering works
- Provide relevant communication to customers and/or internally
- Prepare/update documentation, diagrams, and process for the benefit of the team and Service Desk
To be successful in your application you should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent IT technical trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service engagement
- Keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated, independent, and resourceful
- Time and task management
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Team worker
- Clear communication on multiple channels
- Application of Standards and Procedures
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications include:
- Windows Desktop suite
- Windows Server stack – 2012 R2+
- Active Directory and associated technologies
- Basic LAN principles – IPv4
- Office 365 platform administration
- Remote management and Monitoring Platforms (RMM)
- Veeam, AWS, Cloud Backup technologies
- PowerShell Scripting Knowledge
- Base level Microsoft SQL Server
- MCSA Certification or equivalent (Essential)
- Azure AD (Essential)
- Using MS Visio (Essential)
- 5 years’ experience in a help desk environment (Essential)
- 3 years’ experience in an IT support discipline (Essential)
- Ticket system/management experience (Essential)
- Antivirus software (ESET Desirable)
- WSUS / SMCC (Desirable)
- ITIL (Desirable)
The comprehensive package and benefits offered at Infinium includes:
- Competitive salary of £30,000 – dependant on experience and qualifications and On call bonus
- Competitive holiday package, additional days accrued with length of service
- Extensive training and development opportunities with internal progression available.
- Free home internet or Sim card
- Wellbeing package including discounted gym, support towards optical and dental treatment and others.
- Paid Company Sick leave.
- Free parking.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days and much more!
To submit your CV for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sam on 07983 136 786 for further information.