IT Support Engineer
Selsey | Job ID: 2109 | £28,000 to £32,000 (circa) per year
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join our team.
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 (circa)
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
IT Support Engineer – The Role:
The IT Support Engineer role is a combination of desk-based IT support and onsite field support.
The successful candidate will be articulate, have great interpersonal skills and have a desire to keep learning new skills. With national clients a clean driving licence and the ability to occasionally work away from home for short periods is a necessity.
This role will be based at a Client’s Head Office.
IT Support Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
- Be a proactive IT expert, owning and managing all escalated tickets through to successful resolution.
- Attend customer sites and undertake scheduled IT and emergency works.
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer services and engagement.
- Provide progress updates to customers and the wider IT team.
- Assist in the support and management of internal IT systems.
- Inclusion in weekend On Call Rota.
IT Support Engineer – You:
- Ability to deliver great customer service and understanding of Health & Safety processes.
- Good IT support knowledge at escalation level inclusive of Windows Server Operating systems, storage, virtualisation with MS Office Suites including O365 and business computer applications.
- Knowledge of networking – inclusive of WAN/LAN and Wi-Fi technologies.
IT Support Engineer – Systems Knowledge:
- MS Windows Server Operating Systems and roles inclusive of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NPS, File and Print, Remote Desktop Services.
- Server and NAS storage experience.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Management an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows PowerShell.
- Knowledge and experience of Veeam Backup and Recovery.
- General Infrastructure Support including windows backups (Disaster Recovery), anti-virus products, event & alert management systems.
- General networking with experience of LAN, firewalls and routers.
IT Support Engineer– Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
The comprehensive package of benefits we offer includes:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free home internet
- Spacious canteen area including healthy free snacks, drinks, and coffee machine
- Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days
To submit your CV for this exciting IT Support Engineer opportunity, please email HR@infinium.co.uk.