Service Desk Engineer
Preston | Job ID: 2108 | Up to £21,000 plus overtime & on-call per year
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Engineer to join our team.
Location: Preston (PR4 0HF)
Salary: Up to £21,000 plus overtime & on-call
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Sunday, 5 days a week on a rota basis)
Service Desk Engineer – The Role:
Our Service Desk is a core part of the business providing excellent customer service and engagement to our national customer base. The Service Desk role is the immediate customer contact point, a member of the team working across multiple client platforms and managing customer incidents and requests by phone and email.
This role is based at our Head Office.
Service Desk Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer support responding to and managing incidents & requests through to resolution via telephone, email & self-service portal.
- Create, action, and manage tickets through to resolution or escalation in line with SLAs and thresholds.
- Telephony call workflow, ensuring calls are answered and routed efficiently.
- Check monitoring systems for incidents and action or escalate as required.
- Communicate to customers, team, and the business when changes in process occur.
Service Desk Engineer – You:
- Good remote problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- Ability to adapt communication to best support customer need.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on multiple channels.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Time and task management.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Ability to liaise with technical experts.
Service Desk Engineer– Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Existing Help Desk experience.
- ITIL Framework.
The comprehensive package of benefits we offer includes:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Free home internet or free SIM card.
- Spacious canteen area including healthy free snacks, drinks, and coffee machine.
- Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days.
- Health Cash Plan which includes discounts on national gyms & retailers.
To submit your CV for this exciting Service Desk Engineer opportunity, please email HR@infinium.co.uk.