WiFi Installation Engineer
UK | Job ID: 2007 | Up to £30,000 per year
We have an exciting opportunity for a WiFi Installation Engineer to join our team.
Location: Preston, Working Nationwide
Salary: Up to £30,000 (subject to experience)
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Friday) & on-call rota
WiFi Installation Engineer – The Role:
The ideal candidate for the role will be customer-focused, a team player and have a ‘Can Do’ attitude. The role will involve supporting the end-to-end delivery of internal and external WiFi installations on customer sites.
Duties include configuring hardware, cabling installations with termination and mounting and maintaining equipment to Company Standards.
The role is field based and will involve travel to customer sites across the UK along with overnight stays.
As part of the role, you will be included in the on-call rota. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have existing experience in WiFi installations, a good understanding of H&S regulations and is willing to work seamlessly with the data-cabling engineers and civil engineering teams.
WiFi Installation Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy
- Supporting the end-to-end installation of WiFi networks, both indoors and outdoors
- Installation of data networks utilising both copper and fibre technologies
- Installation of cable management and all associated infrastructure i.e. comms cabinet, PDU, shelving with patching
- Diagnosis of faults and the subsequent repair of WiFi networks
- Completion of internal working processes and procedures e.g. Time recording and job sheet management – recording the description of works completed and time
- Involvement in manual/groundwork as and when required
WiFi Installation Engineer – You:
- Can do attitude
- IT Competent being able to operate a laptop with the Microsoft Office suite
- An understanding of WIFI technology and principles
- Ability to operate small hand tools, including drill / driver
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- A great team worker with the ability also to work alone
- Flexible approach to work
WiFi Installation Engineer– Skills and Experience:
- Driving Licence
- Experience of installing and maintaining WiFi networks
- Experience of working in a field-based capacity
- Being able to work at heights (ladders)
- IPAF trained and / or certified
- Valid CSCS card
- Internal and external cable pulling and termination for both copper and fibre
- Fibre splicing qualifications and/or experience
- Working outdoors with direct bury and / or ducted cabling solutions
- Experience of Cambium, Mikrotik and Cisco equipment
The comprehensive package of benefits we offer includes:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free home internet
- Spacious canteen area including healthy free snacks, drinks, and coffee machine
- Regular team social events including amazing Christmas parties and Family Fun days
To submit your CV for this exciting WiFi Installation Engineer opportunity, please email HR@infinium.co.uk.